The real value of smart homes is smart device integration. Having your devices talk with each other and interacting is where the magic happens. If you are not home and you left the lights on or a door unlocked, having that taken care of for you is awesome. The more your devices can interact and respond to each other the more value you get out of your setup. I have several practical examples of how this can work for you.
- Feedback and why it fails – and how to make it work – Part 2
- Project warnings and feedback and and why they fail – and how to make it work – Part 1
- Test your Home Wi-Fi or LAN speed using a Docker image (iPerf3 speed test) on a Synology NAS
- Smart Home Light Recommendations
- Prioritization happens – no matter what you do
- Did you just order your data encrypted, encoded, obfuscated, hashed, scrambled, salted, and peppered?
- Smart Homes – What you really want (you just don’t know it yet)
- Smart Hub reviews and selection – Smart Homes set up smartly – Part II